Monday 18 May 2015

Sunday Best

On any dry Sunday, I like to go riding. I am not alone in this pursuit – there’s something about nice weather and the lack of deadlines and pressure that makes the concept of the motorised equivalent of a Sunday stroll very attractive.
Lynn generally agrees, so 2 weeks ago, we headed to Brighton, chrome all a-sparkling and a-blinding in the sun. (I did finally get around to cleaning the bike).

This being the first nice clear Sunday in a while, many a classic vehicle had crept out of the garage for a spin, which is always nice to see: a seriously vintage yellow Rolls Royce heading up a queue of cars around a series of S-bends, a Diahatsu Copen which entertained me while I tried to decipher whether it was Copen or Caper (I think Caper would have been a better choice, but what do I know?) driven by a woman channelling Grace Kelly, fashion-wise, a few Morgans  enjoying the looks they get, and when I got back to London, a classic American split-screen convertible blocking the bus stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment