Wednesday 24 June 2015

Orientation

In southern Spain, they are big into renewable energy, and we saw fields of solar panels in between the wheat fields, and combination sunflower-and-wind farms, and I can’t help but picture Don Quixote tilting at these giants of windmills.
So while I was picturing a modern Man from La Mancha, the 3 satnavs were disagreeing about the route. As usual with satnavs in foreign climes, this resulted in a few unplanned diversions and the odd U-turn. At lunch, we discussed the vagaries of GPS systems and signals, and I remain staunchly a map book kind of girl.
Which is an interestingly revealing trait, personality-wise.  I’ve never liked being told where to go and when to turn. I’ve never liked not being able to chart my own course, and create my own diversions.


No comments:

Post a Comment