Monday 11 April 2016

UNSURANCE

So, I traded in my baby for a new one.  The new one is vastly more valuable (given the age and mileage on the old one, not hard).  


So I call up my insurer to terminate my old insurance and get a quote for the new one.  They tell me that: given the value of the new one, they cannot quote me for Fire, Third Party and Theft (what I had last time around) – they can only quote me for Third Party Only – the lowest level of cover. That’ll be about £900 for the year, please. Yeah. Right. I’ll call you back, shall I?
So I call Harley Insurance. They tell me that, given the value of the new one, they cannot quote me for Fire, Third Party and Theft – they can only quote me for Fully Comprehensive. For less than that TPO quote, too. So…um… What?
You want the full extent of the irony?

When my insurance docs came through from Harley, the email domain made it clear that they’re part of the same umbrella company  that can’t, apparently, cover my lovely new baby other than TPO…

No comments:

Post a Comment