Thursday 16 May 2019

ICE BREAKER

 On one of those deceptive days – when the sun shines with no warmth and the air is Icy, I parked up by an older gentleman who was keen to have a chat about the bike, while I warmed my hands by the engine. Like most bikers, I’m always happy to chat about my wheels. And I’ve found, especially when travelling, it’s the perfect ice-breaker, whatever the weather. From the border police laughing at the sight of 2 drenched women on 2 equally soaked Harleys in northern Italy, to the various waiters, diners, bartenders and hoteliers across Europe who have shared fantastic local knowledge with me – because the bike gave us all a non-offensive conversational opener, no matter the language barriers. 
Of course, it helps that I'm  quite happy to ask for, and take, directions. 


No comments:

Post a Comment