Saturday 4 June 2011

Home again

Home again
3000 road miles, plus 3 sea crossings (roughly another 500 miles), far
too many gelati, croissants and local red wines later, I'm back on the
left side of the road, reminding myself that the signs are in miles
already and the speed limit is only 70.
Oh, and the car drivers understand what I'm shouting at them - which
is probably not a good thing. (although I suppose there is a vague
chance it might teach them to look and/or indicate before changing
lanes and cutting me up).
The border crossing at the tunnel was very slow, with customs being as
thorough as Croatia (who were pretty diligent). I must look innocent,
despite the noisy pipes and overstuffed baggage, because I got waved
past the sniffer dogs in Croatia and past the team pulling random
vehicles to pieces in Calais.
But I'm back now. Until the next time...

PS: pics are now fixed. I hope. Don't know what went wrong there but
seems to be a mac/pc language issue. Much like me/Europe.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment