Thursday 2 June 2011

Venezia to lago di Garda

Venezia to lago di Garda
We went through the Dolomite mountains. They are spectacular. And full
of twisty corners on various gradients. These are not my favourite
things, especially on a downhill. The only times I've dropped a bike
have been on tight corners, so I'm slightly panicky about them and
tension is the last thing you need to corner well.
I also get distracted by scenery: note to self - do not drive over the
edge and down the ravine. No really don't.
Having twisted all the way up to the Swiss border, we twisted back
south on a spectacular motorway to lake Garda (which hosted the HOG
rally a few years ago, which I missed).
The wind was picking up and thunderstorms were predicted, so we
twisted along the lakeside to Riva del Garda, a town lousy with hotels
and restaurants. On the map, it was the last stop till Salo, 80km away
at the bottom of the lake.
We stopped, checked in and waited in vain for the storms. We got
drizzle but no drama.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment