Friday 2 June 2023

KINSBROOK

 

At Kinsbrook, they appreciate a bike

I started with Kinsbrook. It’s off the A272m to the west of where it crosses the A24. When I say off the A272, I mean by a B road or two - which are in good repair and quite fun to ride on a fine spring day. Not overly twisty, but highly hedged, which adds to the jeopardy. 

Kinsbrook is pretty well signposted, up until you get to the entrance, which is less well marked. Also, gravel. Gravel and two wheeled vehicles do not get along, especially when said vehicles have tyres designed for road use. However, it’s not the worst gravelly road I’ve had to ride. 

They have a deli and shop on the ground floor and a cafe above, overlooking the vines. I had an excellent coffee and a reasonable pastry, and got compliments from the staff on the bike, which is always a good way to get me to return. 

I recommend.


View from the cafe


No comments:

Post a Comment