Saturday 17 June 2023

WISTON

I went to Wiston for breakfast (which they only serve on weekends). It’s just off the A24, down by Worthing. Now the A24 has its boring sections, I grant you, but it also has a number of pretty bits and fairly twisty bits, and - being an A road - is in reasonably good condition, surface-wise. I happen to like it, and use its boring straight sections to open up the throttle and blow some dust off my spark plugs. 


Wiston’s restaurant is called Chalk, and while they recommend you book, they are perfectly happy to take the kind of walk-in who won’t take up much space. 

It was a very good breakfast and I especially cite the cinnamon bun, which didn’t look as I expected but was quite possibly the most delicious cinnamon bun I’ve had. 



The downside of Wiston is the parking. Not only is it gravel (although the roads and approaches are paved), it’s also on a slope. Two wheels, gravel, side-stand and incline are not the world’s most stable combination. That is the only thing I’d change, were I Wiston. 



No comments:

Post a Comment