Tuesday 1 July 2014

Life Before Coffee



For this trip, I had to keep my days off work to a minimum, so I worked a full day before I left, and as usual, had booked an early train to Calais (you lose an hour, so it helps to leave early). It's well known that I am not most accurately described as alive before I've had my coffee in the morning. However, there is one thing that works as well as caffeine for me, and that's sunshine on chrome. Despite to excitement that disturbed my sleep, I rolled out of bed and out of the door with minimal stumbling into the furniture. 
I yawned, blinked a few times, yawned some more and got down to Folkestone on a bubble of adrenalin, having allowed far more time than necessary for traffic. Note to self - there is no traffic at 4am, even in London. So I had time for coffee and breakfast at the terminal, after which I felt more human, but still overly excitable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment