Tuesday 1 July 2014

The B42s


From Koblenz, the idea was to head up the Rhine on the eastern bank, which put us on the right side for Rudesheim, on the B42, which meanders nicely alongside the river, albeit faster than the barges (including one from Croatia, which was making good use of the Danube-Main-Rhine canal. That threw me until I could Google it). However, silly satnav was still a little geographically confused and took us over the Rhine 3 times, before winding through a bunch of suburbs and cul-de-sacs in general refusal to ask directions. 
At a roundabout I saw a sign - Rudesheim, 98km, Rechts. I took it. Lynn, following the satnav, went Links. I stopped, turned around and went back for her (what did we do before bike-to-bike comms?)
We went back to the rounadbout and I again followed the roadsign. Lynn went around a couple more times before following me. I think the satnav was confused about which way roundabouts in Europe flow, myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment