Sunday 29 May 2011

Fwd: Dachau to Berchtesgarden



Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Deryn Verner <derynjv@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: May 27, 2011 15:25:38 GMT+01:00
To: "ava.verris@babyhogb10g.com" <ava.verris@babyhogb10g.com>
Subject: Dachau to Berchtesgarden

Dachau to Berchtesgarden
So having arrived too late to see the Dachau museum, we were up early  
to see it in the morning. On the way, we thought we'd fill up and  
check tire pressures - assuming we could a) find a garage with air and  
b) figure out the coversion from psi to bar...
We figured it out in the end and got to Dachau, a very pretty town.   
As much as I already knew about WW2, Nazism and the camps, it was  
something to stand in the site itself. Unfortunately, world events  
since have proved that rememberance is one thing, but learning is  
another.
From Dachau we headed for Austria via Berchtesgarden, on the mountain  
pass (lots of downhill bends which are my nemesis. It's the combo of  
steep downward gradient and hairpin curvature that gets me. I'm trying  
to practice before I hit the italian alps on the way home).


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment