Tuesday 24 May 2011

Schnell

So we gave up the a-road mountain scenic pass idea in favour of caning the autobahn to Dachau. I decided that I can go back to the Schwarzwald and Bodensee area another time. I love autobahn riding. I'd no idea the bike was so happy at 110mph, fully loaded. All was well across the Rhine towards karlsruhe until suddenly (at that speed, pretty much anything is sudden) the traffic stopped. In the muddle if roadworks. And queued in best British fashion. We wondered about the legality of filtering in Germany until the German bike in front of me got bored and headed up the gap between the lanes until he got progress no further. A motorist came to tell him das ist (6 truck pile up). So we sat back on the barrier, helmets jackets and gloves off and chatted with our new German friend who kindly translated the news (must have seen the gb plates). Eventually we moved and caned it to dachau in time to be told the museum was ztu, come back tomorrow.
That's when the fun started be aide the first 4 hotels we tried took one look at us and decided they were full. One called around for us but stopped in embarrassment when he realized Lynn understood the joke about blondes...
We found one now, and hey! It has wifi. So I can post while waiting for my supper.
591km in one day. No wonder I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment