Tuesday 3 September 2013

Burning Rubber

So the oil level was fine when I checked in the morning. Then Lynn moved my bike out of a tight corner and said, 'how are your tires?' Honestly? I wouldn't know, I hadn't checked in a while. Usually, they come back from the shop all perfect. But now she mentioned it, the front one did look a little flat. And potholes had been more vicious than usual. So I made increasingly audible 'need air!' noises as we rode through every tiny road between Trier and Adler (I think) next to the Schwarzwald. This was not the route Lynn planned but there's no arguing with some satnavs.
We found a lovely gasthaus, which was biker friendly - always a massive plus. And they even had something on the dinner menu for me! I continued to make Air/tire noises through dinner, and got the concession of 'first petrol station we see tomorrow'.

No comments:

Post a Comment