Tuesday 3 September 2013

Can you get to Konz from here?

Headed off bright and early, even reaching the Eurotunnel in time for a coffee before boarding. How civilised.
Thing is, my bike has a lot parts still bedding in, so she's drinking more oil than usual. I also have none on me (see previous post re leak. That scoffed the lot). So the plan was to pick some up in Konz/Trier, where they have a lovely dealership. Harleys are fussy about their diets, as I discovered last year in a panic in France when my oil light went nuts.
We raced through France on the only free motorway the place has, then into Belgium, and briefly slicing a corner off Luxembourg before making it into Deutschland. We got to Trier around 3:30, and the dealer closes at 4 on Saturday. But the only bridge in Konz that crosses to said dealership was closed. Roadworks. What the flipping heck?
We carried on to a hotel with my blood pressure slowly rising and my fellow biker telling me you use more oil at high speed (no kidding) and how is the dealer closed so early on Saturday - as if I know.
I had a glass of very nice wine and tried to forget my oil situation over dinner. Which was surprisingly good for an out of the way rural gasthaus on a B-road.

No comments:

Post a Comment